Brandon James Routh was born to Katie and Ron Routh of Norwalk, Iowa on October 9, 1979.
After graduating from his high school in Norwalk in which he sang, was in swing dance, and starred in many plays, he enrolled at the University of Iowa as an English major wanting to be a writer. While writing, he wanted to go into graphic design or advertising to make money.
His first professional acting role was in the ABC television series Odd Man Out, and he went on to guest star in the television series The Gilmore Girls and four episodes of MTV's Undressed. Brandon Routh created the role of ABC's daytime drama One Life to Live's Seth Anderson in May, 2001. Brandon was most recently seen in CBS' Cold Case and NBC's Will & Grace. He can next be seen in Deadly, his first film role where he stars opposite Laura Prepon.
In October 2004, Warner Bros. Pictures announced that Brandon Routh has been cast as The Man of Steel in the Studio's upcoming "Superman" epic, to be directed by Bryan Singer.
In his spare time, BJ enjoys playing soccer, basketball, swimming, biking and reading.
- Last name sounds like south.
- Dressed as Clark Kent/Superman for Halloween in 2003 and as Batman wearing a zoot suit in 2004.
- Dated Rachel Boston of NBC's American Dreams.
- Appeared in Christina Aguilera's What A Girl Wants music video.
- His sister Sara is a singer/songwriter and a former radio disc jockey for Los Angeles' Wet Wacky Wild.
- Grew up about 100 miles away from where George Reeves, the 1950s television Superman, grew up.
- Can play the piano and trumpet.
Official Site: www.brandonrouth.com
Celebrity photos courtesy of Getty Images, WireImage, Tetu Magazine, Icon Magazine, Attitude Magazine, DNA Magazine, Paparazo, Terra's The Boy,
AP, Reuters, IMDB, CP, Universal Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Lion's Gate Films, New Line Cinema, Twentieth Century Fox, USA Films